- Alethia Publishing is currently accepting original work in English language in categories – Fiction, Poetry, Narrative Non-Fiction, Technical (Information Technology & Management), Self-Help.
- It will completely be author’s responsibility to ensure that his/her work is original. Alethia Publishing will not be responsible and should not be held liable for any acts of copyright & trademark violation or plagiarisms.
- We also accept translations of original regional/foreign works. However, these should be accompanied with a “Letter of Consent” from the original author/writer.
- We DO NOT publish school textbooks or other similar academic books, scientific work, medical books.
- We accept proposals ONLY in electronic format (Ms-Word files attachment). Proposals should be neatly typed in Ms-Word with Arial font, size 11, and must be doubly space. Please DO NOT use any other font style or size.
- Your proposal should contain:
+ Your name and contact details on the first page of the proposal
+ Your brief bio (One A-4 Page only)
+ Synopsis and FIRST 3 Sample Chapters for fiction, narrative non-fiction, technical books
+ For poetry, send 5 sample poems
+ For short stories, send 3 sample short stories
+ Current state (complete/incomplete/first draft/final edits etc) of the manuscript
+ Approximate time period that you will take to complete the manuscript
+ Rationale and marketability brief for narrative non-fiction and technical books
+ Simultaneous submissions, if any
- Please DO NOT send your complete manuscript unless we request you to do so.
- Make sure that you have a copy of your manuscript. Alethia Publishing will not be responsible for any loss of damage caused to the manuscript. Also it may not be possible for us to return the manuscript once submitted.
- We guarantee that every manuscript we receive is looked at.
- Owing to the number of manuscripts we receive, please allow us at least 4 to 6 weeks to respond to your submissions.
- Manuscript evaluation process involves introductory assessment of the synopsis and sample script sent to us. Parameters considered during this phase are potential for publication, readability, and audience appeal. Once your sample manuscript is through this stage and if found suitable you will be requested to send the entire manuscript. Our editorial team will then review the complete manuscript for its language, style, readability, literary value, topic awareness & knowledge sharing (in case of technical/management books), competition, and marketability & sales potential. The entire review process may take 3-6 months depending on the topic and length of the manuscript.
- Please note that detailed review of the manuscript in no way means our consent or obligation to publish your work.
- Please inform us immediately in case your work is accepted by some other publishing house.
- Irrespective of the result of the review process, contents of the proposal and/or manuscripts may not be returned to the authors.
- We may not be able to entertain personal meetings, phone calls, status update emails, fax during the manuscript evaluation process.
Royalties & Payment Conditions
- Decisions related to payments and royalties will be discussed only after we have accepted the manuscript for final publishing. A formal written communication will be sent to you in this regard.
- You may be asked to be present for a personal meeting with our team to discuss terms & conditions related to payments.
- We cannot answer your queries on topics related to payment and royalty during the proposal study or manuscript review phase.